Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Evil Darwinian Orthodoxy

The ID and Creationist crowd like to argue that we should "teach the controversy" (hence the current abuse of the schoolboard system like we see currently occuring in Kansas. Click on the permanent links for: Redstate Rabble and Thoughts from Kansas for updates). On the other hand, when you ask for evidence of a controversy they like to say that they are kept out of the science journals by the evil Darwinian orthodoxy. On the righthand side of this blog I have posted the names of a wide variety of science journals. Most of them concern anthropology, a few of them concern ecology, biology, genetics, or geology. At any rate, during my time as an undergraduate and graduate student in anthropology I accumulated many articles from all of the journals on the list. There are others, such as "Ecology of Food and Nutrition" or "The Lancet" that occasionally contain articles relating to evolution, but since their main focus is not evolution I left them off the list (but it goes to show that nothing in biology makes sense without evolution). Of course, it goes without saying that since I am not a biologist, ecologist or geologist I have barely scratched the surface of journals relating to evolution. The point of all this is that I didn't see any signs of a creationsim/design vs evolution controversy in any of the journals I used.
For another take on the "Controversy" go toThe Evolution Project and to The Non-Evolution Project.