Friday, March 25, 2005

Imax: Part IV

One of my most treasured possesions is a small button that says "I read banned books!". I received this button from my wife, who is the daughter of an english professor. She gave me the button years ago when we were first dating and I have carried it around through many moves. I mention this because on my way to work this morning I was listening to the radio (to a local NPR affiliate) and heard a story about vandalism at the St. Louis Science Center. It seems a small anti-war group has committed vandalism at the Science Center because the Science Center is showing a movie called "Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag". I have not seen the movie and consequently do not know anything about it. I do know, however, that I do not like censorship. I do not like censorship coming from the right or the, in this case, left. I should also point out that I do not have a problem with anti-war groups but two wrongs do not make a right.