Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Memery

Homework has been assigned by my blogfather so here it goes...

1. Of all the books that you have eventually finished after many starts & stops, which one took you the longest and how long did it eventually take?

Like PZ I choose "The Structure of Evolutionary Theory". I started it about a month and a half ago - still working on it. Between the recent move (and all the packing) and frequent stops to think about what Gould is saying it's taking a little longer than I anticipated. I beginning to fear I may have to start over to pick up the argument... It's kind of like the "Song that Does Not End" on Lambchop. I think I'm doomed to endlessly read and reread it.

2. What great band (or album or song) have you heard so often, you wouldn?t mind never hearing again even though you still think the band (or album or song) is great?

That's a toss up between "Free Bird" and "Simple Man" both by Skynyrd. I lived in the south for about six years and am sick unto death of these two songs...

3. Which cliché or often cited quote needs to be placed in quarantine for a few decades?

"Teach the Controversy" "Fair and Balanced" or maybe " ______ (insert state name here) values" as in "My opponent doesn't represent Missouri (or whatever) values"

4. During the 1990s "Compassion Fatigue" received a lot of press, now the media is giddy with "Donation Fatigue". What will be the next trendy fatigue?

Missing White Girl Fatigue

5. What percentage of respondents will answer "meme fatigue" to question #4?

Fortunatley, I read PZ's post and knew better than to answer Meme Fatigue.

I think I'll pass this on to:

Oldwhitelady at It's Morning Somewhere

Henry at Webiocosm

Aydin at Snail's Tails

and

Duane at Abnormal Interests

Oh, and let me just point out that we Spawn of Pharyngula moved out in the blogosphere so we didn't have to tidy our rooms or do homework!