Friday, May 06, 2005

The Intelligent Designer is a Gateway God: A Public Service Announcement.

From The Ayn Rand Institute via Chris Mooney comes the best description of Intelligent design I have heard to date.

Their scientifically accessible "designer" is nothing more than a gateway god--metaphysical marijuana intended to draw students away from natural, scientific explanations and get them hooked on the supernatural.


Metaphysical marijuana - I love it! Much as ID proponents try to deny their oposition to evolution is religiously inspired, we all know ID is a bridge between science and christianity. Step on it and before you know it you will be doing the "hard stuff". Next thing you know you will be in the gutter with Pat and company and folks will be wanting to do a scientific intervention on your sad sorry behind. Imagine the story you will have to tell to your friends in the seven step program. " I started with just a little criticism of some of the Icons of Evolution. I thought "hey, I'm not hooked I can control it". But then, before I knew it I was analyzing the specified complexity of turnips. I knew I had gone to far, but I couldn't quit. I realized I had hit rock bottom when I tried to prove that George Bush was irriducibly complex. But I couldn't stop myself, I had to have more..."
Tragic ain't it? Don't let this happen to you! The fellow below wishes he had taken my advice!

Posted by Hello


If you or anyone you know has become hooked on Intelligent Design (which is also called ID, creationism or Dembskiism) please seek help immediately.
P.S. You should also watch the movie "Reefer Madness" to fully understand the effects of this gateway god - just substitute ID for all references to marijuana. It's not a pretty picture.