Monday, December 05, 2005

I Fibbed

Apparently, I have a little more time to write a short post. I emailed the author of the press release about the way the British team's dating methods. His response was that C-14 was the main source of the British team's dates. He mentioned he wasn't familiar with with the other methods used so he asked Dr. Renne about them ans was told they were not as accurate as Ar/Ar dating.

Having said that, I am inclined to agree with alun and Abnormal Interests. I recently received the Nature article, from my good blog buddy Aydin at Snail's Tales, so as soon as I have had a chance to read it I will probably have more to say. Personally, I would like to see more proof that they are, in fact, footprints. Until then dating is irrelevant. Although, I will say that when this deabate is finally resolved, one way or the other, it will make a very instuctive example of how science operates.