Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sevens Meme

Oldwhitelady has tagged me with the "Sevens" meme so here goes:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1)Get a Ph.d
2)Finish The Structure of Evolutionary Theory
3)When 2 is done read everything in the Library of Congress
4)Visit Greece
5)Visit the Smithsonian
6)Sail around the world
7)After 1 is complete publish a paper in a professional peer-reviewed science journal so I can legitimately claim that I have outproduced the intelligent design advocates (currently we are tied)

Seven Things I Cannot Do
1)Anything that involves artistic talent (drawing, painting, coloring inside the lines)
2)Stop smoking (but if at first you don't succeed...)
3)Get the words to "I'll be Home for Christmas" out of my head (been looping through for about three days now - driving me crazy)
4)Join the Republican party
5)Stop being cynical
6)Think of something for number seven (or is that cheating...)

Seven Things That Attract Me to...Blogging (this is a tough one)
1)It allows me to put my education to use
2)Forces me to try and stay current about what's happening in the world
3)Allows for me to be creative
4)Makes me write everyday
5)The interchange of ideas can be fun
6)Outlet for my sense of humor (see my mistletoe post)although other's might characterize it differently
7)Gives me an excuse to avoid chores "...but Honey, I'm writing a post...", "...but Sweetie, I have to respond to these comments..." etc. (I hope Mrs. afarensis doesn't read this post).

Seven Things I Say Most Often
1)good luck with that
2)How does it feel to want (usually when my teenage offspring produce a long, long list of things they want me to buy them)
3)All righty roo usually in response to a bad idea
4) I'll put it on my to do list (usually after number 7 above)
5)Oh, for the love of Pete (usually after the excuses in number seven above don't work)
6)Fine! also used when excuses in number seven don't work
7)Oh noooo, a shark winked at me! (it's a phobia, I can't explain it so don't ask - and yes some sharks, lemon sharks spring to mind, have eyelids and can wink)

Seven Books That I Love
1)The Origin of Species
2)Lucy: The Beginnings of Humankind
3)The Anubis Gates (Tim Powers)
4)Lord Foul's Bane (Stephen Donaldson)
5)The Best of Corwainer Smith
6)Complete Works of William Shakespear
7)A Tale of Two Cities

Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again
1)Underworld (Sequel is coming out soon)
2)Frankenstein
3)Anything with Godzilla
4)The Mummy and The Mummy Returns (Brendan Fraser)
5)Tremors (and it's three sequels)
6)My Cousin Vinny
7)Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou?

Seven + People I Want To Join In Too
I'll leave this open for whoever wants to do it...