Wednesday, November 02, 2005

NPR, Wickipedia and Luskin: A Little Snark

I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I couldn't resist this. I was listening to Talk of the Nation on NPR today. They were doing a section on Wickipedia. They were talking to a person who called in named Rick, who said he always writes nasty notes saying bad resources when his students used Wickipedia as a reference. Jimmy Wells - who has something to do with Wickipedia - agreed saying he frequently gets emails from college students complaining because they got F's for using Wickepedia. His response was "You are in college now, you shouldn't be citing an encylcopedia at all" (This exchange occurs from around 12:50 - 14:00 in the audio file).

*giggle*
I find this amusing because Casey Luskin, in his paper "Human Origins and Intelligent Design" says that some of the earliest anthropoid fossils are known only from jaw fragments. His source? Encyclopedia Brittanica - GIGGLE - 1984 edition!
BWA HAHAHAHA....afarensis breaks down in hysterical laughter...